May Community Recap
Happy summer’s eve! The days are getting longer, the temps are rising and the team at Liquibase is giddy to celebrate 15 glorious years of our open source community! No matter how long you’ve been part of our community, THANK YOU for your contributions and participation! Speaking of contributions, check out what’s been going on this past month!
New Community-Supported Databases
We’ve recently implemented a new test automation platform that will increase the rate that support is added for new databases. This framework enables the community to expand Liquibase database support through development and validation.
We want to thank the many developers in the Liquibase Community who have helped add new database types. To learn more about the expansion of community supported databases, check our our recent press release.
Want to get more involved in building Liquibase Extensions? We can help get you started!
New Liquibase University Course
For users who wish to learn how to utilize the Liquibase Test Harness for their specific use, check out our new course in Liquibase University. The course includes how to execute the test harness, how to create a test, and how to run tests for different database platforms. Take the course and get certified for free!
A special shoutout this month goes to Andreas Dangel who maintains the Liquibase Percona extension. Percona Toolkit is a collection of advanced command-line tools used by Percona support staff to perform a variety of MySQL, MongoDB, and system tasks that are too difficult or complex to perform manually. Liquibase has a plugin that utilizes the toolkit’s online capabilities of being able to deploy changes while that database is still online. Andreas maintains that plugin by providing fixes and updates as necessary to keep the toolkit and Liquibase inline with changes and updates. He recently added support for MariaDB allowing a larger group of teams to use the online deployment of MySQL and MariaDB via the toolkit and Liquibase. Thanks, Andreas for all your work to keep the plugin running smoothly!
Notable Closed Issue
Thank you, Daniel Gray for helping close #1811!. Your continuous support of Liquibase is appreciated! Daniel recently helped close a community user’s issue around the use an Oracle database. His diagnosis and deep level of understanding of the platform helped the user understand how and why the feature worked the way it did. This helped the user with a workaround that satisfied the needs of the use case which brought the issue to a close. Thank you Daniel for taking the time out of your day to review, describe, and help close out the issue.
Documentation UI Feedback
Want to help make Liquibase documentation better for the entire community? We’re looking for feedback on the navigation and ease of use of the Liquibase documentation site! A 30-minute feedback session with our UX Designer, Cassio earns you 4 points towards Liquibase Legends!
Upcoming Community Events
- Liquibase Community Roundtable “Ask Me Anything” – June 10
- We’re continuing our popular “Ask Me Anything” format – an open forum to chat with Liquibase experts in our community. Liquibase Founder, Nathan Voxland will be there too! There are no questions or issues too big or too small. We’re here to help.
- Tour de Tools: Liquibase by Sam Debruyn – June 4
- After an introduction of Liquibase, Sam Debruyn will demonstrate how to optimally use Liquibase locally to avoid writing cumbersome XML and test your transformations and integration with your automation tool.
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from May.
- Delivering Database DevOps with Octopus Deploy and Liquibase -Octopus Deploy
- Deploying a Node.js application with Octopus Deploy -Shawn Sesna
- Include Cloud Spanner databases in your CI/CD process with Liquibase extension -Planet Storyline
- Database migration using Liquibase -Khanh Nguyen
- Using Liquibase in Spring Boot Application -Khanh Nguyen
- Database migration using Liquibase in Spring MVC application -Khanh Nguyen
- Evolving your database in a Spring Boot Application with Liquibase -Elie Daher
- Managing Database Migrations with Liquibase and Spring Boot -Nelida Velazquez
- Bancolombia S.A. Implements DevOps for Database Practice with Liquibase -Joyce Wells
- Spring Boot with Angular – Full Application – Part 11 – How to add Liquibase to Spring Boot Project – Lilium Code
- Liquibase Expands Access to Database DevOps -TMC Net
Top questions asked on the forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community.
- Liquibase command failure when mongo jars are present on classpath -Ashwani_Pratap
- MongoDB jars break Liquibase when working with other DBS.
- Convert DB to Liquibase xml -Ashad
- Tips on using liquibase changelog XML format
- Syntax of calling with MongoDB -Emix69
- How to run liquibase using MongoDB
Have a question about Liquibase? Join our forum!
Top forum supporters of the month
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you in July with more updates! Can you believe we’re almost half-way through this year?!