February Community Recap
Oh, February! A mix of cheesy Valentine’s tweets (this one is extra cringey), an unprecedented snowstorm (shout out to Texans), and an epic, bug-smashing release! The shortest month of the year felt just like that… short, but packed with all sorts of updates from our Liquibase Community.
Liquibase 4.3.1 released!
Liquibase Community users will enjoy multiple enhancements and bug fixes. Here are some of the highlights:
HistoryCommandTestnow runs with systems with a non-US default locale (#1078)
SetColumnRemarkssupport for MySQL (#942)
- Implemented Boolean data type support for DB2 LUW (#966)
dropPrimaryKeychange function with a
dropIndexattribute is now available for XML users in the XSD file. (#1629)
We’d like to give a big thank you shoutout to the following community members for all of their contributions to this release:
👏 Nikolas Falco, osganian, dm-ion, Michael Kindermann, Michael Hausl, Tsvi, Stephane, zyzyzy523, Andrea, Nathan
Liquibase Legends leaderboard is on 🔥
Over the past month, we’ve had 32 Liquibasers make it on our Liquibase Legends Leaderboard! Thanks to their contributions and efforts to learn more about Liquibase, we continue to grow our program. Haven’t joined? Sign up and learn more about how you can earn points.
Feedback Request: Liquibase Developer Contributors
If you’re a developer that has contributed to Liquibase in the past, we’d like your input on some improvements to the CLI Command and Configuration APIs. Check out these GitHub Issues and share your thoughts!
We’ve been working on supporting more extensions! We’ve made significant improvements towards making the following extensions more functional for our users.
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from February.
- Administrando esquemas de bases de datos en grandes equipos de desarrollo con Liquibase y PostgreSQL -Paul Rodriguez
- Managing schema changes on Cloud Spanner using Liquibase – Mark Scannell
- Liquibase to the rescue of Off-Ledger State Persistence in R3 Corda 4.6+ — Resolving Schema-validation: missing table issue – Raja Pandian
- How to execute Liquibase changesets against ClickHouse – John Tipper
- Introdução ao Liquibase – Anselmo Borges
- Liquibase: An Introduction – Prerak Jain
- Custom properties in Liquibase with SQLcl – Mathias Magnusson
- Blue-green deployment with a database on Kubernetes – Piotr Minkowski
- Highlight: Liquibase work to build some tables – CodingAndCoffee
- Apache Cassandra Lunch Online Meetup #34: Liquibase and Cassandra – Anant Corp
- Java – Liquibase – aktualizacja wpisów w bazie danych; poprawa nieprawidłowych changsetów – Wilk z Mazur i IT
- Introduction to Liquibase – Chanaka Rathnakumara
- Managing Database migrations with Liquibase and Spring Boot – Nelida Velazquez
Top questions asked on the forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community.
- listUnrunChangeSets throws JDBC error from WaitForLock method – tom2011
- Working on multi-tenant database – Akshayware
- How to read the properties from yaml file in build.gradle using gradle task dev update command – Simhadri
Top forum supporters of the month
- Eduard Uta
- Rafal Grzegorczyk
- Yudi Meltzer
- Rakhi Agrawal
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you in April with more updates! 💐