Liquibase 3.8.6 Released
Liquibase 3.8.6 is now available. Here’s a closer look at what’s included in the latest release.
Liquibase 3.8.6 Overview
Introducing Targeted Rollback for Liquibase Pro with ‘rollbackOneChangeset’ command
You asked, and we listened! With the release of Liquibase 3.8.6, Liquibase Pro users will now have additional rollback capabilities with Targeted Rollback, a powerful new feature that allows you to target one changeset to rollback, without affecting all the other changesets which followed it. Think “git cherry pick” for rollbacks.
We even added a helper command rollbackOneChangesetSQL, which will show you the SQL that will be used in the rollbackOneChangeset command.
You can now also receive command specific help for Targeted Rollback by typing in either liquibase rollbackOneChangeSet –help or liquibase rollbackOneChangSetSql — help.
Included in the zip and tar files, you’ll find a new GETTING_STARTED.txt file that points you to some sample projects to start trying Liquibase as quickly as possible.
Liquibase 3.8.6 also continues our initiative to re-engage with our users by bringing new bug fixes to our Liquibase platform. For both Liquibase Community and Liquibase Pro users, the following bugs were fixed in version 3.8.6:
- excludeObjects & includeObjects parameters now works correctly when running diff command.
- dataOutputDirectory parameter will now specify statement csv files appropriately.
- Updated default MySql driver to com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver.
All Liquibase users should also check out our continually improving documentation. For this release, checkout the new Targeted Rollback documentation here:
- Liquibase Commands: rollbackOneChangeSet
- Liquibase Commands: rollbackOneChangeSetSql
- Read our Targeted Rollback blog for an overview of the new feature
You can also see our growing library of videos and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Look for these features in upcoming releases:
- rollbackOneUpdate, which will let you target all changesets in a given update, not just the most recent one.
- A Mac and Windows all-in-one installer that will get you running Liquibase Pro and Community in just a couple of clicks.
We are always looking to fix bugs and improve documentation for everyone in the Liquibase community. Our community has built a lot. From extensions to integrations, you’ve helped make Liquibase the amazing open source project that it is today. You can help make it stronger. Here are some ways to contribute: