July Community Recap
Happy July and happy Summer Olympics! It’s inspiring (and quite fun) to watch the world’s best athletes compete against one another. Whether it’s synchronized diving or equestrian show jumping, I’ve always enjoyed the patriotic spirit.
For me, the greatest takeaway from the Olympics has nothing to do with medals or pride of country, but rather the themes of global unity and commonality that we celebrate during this season. It’s a special thing and it reminds me of why I love working with the Liquibase community. We’re a group of people that span across a big world, yet we’re united closely over something as cool as Liquibase. How neat is that? Aside from watching the Olympics, it’s been a busy month for the Liquibase! Let’s dive in.
Liquibase 4.4.2 is now available!
This bugfix release was made possible by many brilliant people in the community who submitted pull requests or issues. Thank you to the following contributors:
To learn more about the bug fixes, check out the release notes!
DevOps Metrics Feedback
In our quest to help you understand and optimize your DevOps efforts, we’d like to learn more about how you’d like to view and track your database DevOps progress using industry-standard DORA (DevOps Research and Assessments) metrics on a dashboard:
- Deployment Frequency
- Lead Time for Changes
- Change Failure Rate
- Mean Time to Restore Service
Upcoming Community Events
Liquibase Community Roundtable “Ask Me Anything” – August 12
We’re continuing our popular “Ask Me Anything” format – an open forum to chat with Liquibase experts in our community. Liquibase Founder, Nathan Voxland will be there, too! There are no questions or issues too big or too small. We’re here to help.
DevOps World – September 28-30
Our friends at CloudBees are hosting DevOps World 2021 and this year it’s both free and virtual! Be sure to catch keynote speaker, Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computers, Woz U and the Efforce along with other incredible DevOps experts.
We’re hiring a Technical Community Manager!
Want to join the Liquibase community team? We’re searching for a Technical Community Manager to help grow and engage with our community! This is a fully remote role and we encourage both U.S.-based and international applicants.
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from July.
- Reactive programming with Spring Data R2DBC -Alexandre Jacquot
- DevOps your Oracle DB with Liquibase in less than 1 hour -Pretius
- Cloud Spanner & Liquibase: DevOps for databases -Google Cloud Events
- This Week in Neo4j – PHP Driver, Software Analytics, Chemical Patents, Streamlit TSNE, GraphQL Security, GitHub Copilot, Developer Tools, Nodes 2021 -Michael Hunger
- CI/CD pipeline to automate database deployments using Liquibase and GitLab -Jithin J
- Projeto Spring Boot Configurando Liquibase -O8K Group
- Auto Configuration in Spring Boot -Vignesh Ravichandran
Top Questions Asked in the Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community.
- MySQL 5.7 stored procedure error DELIMITER’ at line 1
- How to use Liquibase to run a SQL formatted file to create stored procedure in MySQL 5.7
- How to improve the speed
- How to optimize statements to speed up the initialization of the database
- How to cancel the checksum of liquibase
- How to work around checksum issues while executing a changeset
Top Forum Supporters of the Month
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you in August with more updates!