August Community Recap
See you later, summer! We’ve made it over halfway through 2021, yet there’s much to look forward to before the year comes to an end.
September on the way with no time to waste. But, before I get too ahead of myself and reveal any upcoming secrets, let’s grab a pumpkin spice latte (because it’s now acceptable, right?!) and reflect on all of the wonderful things that happened in August.
Liquibase 4.4.3 is now available
This release includes many community-contributed pull requests, Liquibase Community and Liquibase Pro bug fixes, and enhancements to Liquibase Hub performance and pipelines. Thank you to the following contributors:
Tech Talk – Best Practices for Working with Teams in Liquibase
We hosted our very first Community Tech Talk with Liquibase Product Manager, Mario Champion! Mario shared expert insights into best practices and strategies for developers and database change creators using Liquibase to easily manage database schema changes. We enjoyed learning from others in the community about their experiences and challenges around working with teams in Liquibase.
If you missed the talk, don’t fret! You can watch the recording. Have an idea for a tech talk? Let us know in the Liquibase Discord channel.
New Liquibase Package Manager Utility
Any time you install Liquibase, you also need to install the JDBC driver for your database. Save a bit of time and effort by using the new open source Liquibase Package Manager (lpm).
lpm is a utility that simplifies the Liquibase installation process by fetching and installing any JDBC drivers and extensions you need. You’ll never see the “Unexpected error running Liquibase: Cannot find database driver” again.Check out lpm in GitHub
Upcoming Community Events
Liquibase Community Roundtable “Ask Me Anything” – September 9
We’re continuing our popular “Ask Me Anything” format – an open forum to chat with Liquibase experts in our community. Liquibase Founder, Nathan Voxland will be there, too! There are no questions or issues too big or too small. We’re here to help.
What is Liquibase? What Developers Need to Know About Schema Migration – September 9
CockroachDB has invited Liquibase Project Founder, Nathan Voxland, to help unpack all the things that developers need to know about Liquibase.
DevOps your Oracle Database with Liquibase in less than 1 hour – October 13
Using an Oracle database and want to get up and running with Liquibase? Register for
Rafal Grzegorczyk’s talk at HrOUG2021
We’re hiring a Technical Community Manager!
Want to join the Liquibase community team? We’re searching for a Technical Community Manager to help grow and engage with our community! This is a fully remote role and we encourage applicants from anywhere in the world.
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from July.
- Providing a Default Value When Adding a Not-Null Constraint in Liquibase -JPA Buddy
- Safely Evolving Database with Liquibase, Spring Data, and Spring Boot -Pavan K Jadda
- Difference between storing a DBUnit file in version control and using Liquibase for Database Version control -Roel Van de Paar
- How to Integrate Liquibase with Jenkins -CloudBees
- Using Liquibase with JPA, SpringBoot, Postgres -uzairkamal
- Primeiros Passos com Liquibase e Spring Boot -Pedro Mantovani
- DBmarlin : New Liquibase Integration -Tim Hall
- Snowflake DevOps with GitHub & Liquibase -Rajiv Gupta
- Demo: Deploy DB Objects in Snowflake using Liquibase CLI -Rajiv Gupta
- Snowflake DevOps with GitHub & Liquibase (VIDEO) -Rajiv Gupta
- Database Change Management Tool: Liquibase with Snowflake Hands On -Rajiv Gupta
- Easily Manage Yugabyte Database Schema Changes with Liquibase -Dan Zentgraf
- Using DBeaver & Liquibase to Easily Compare Databases in Your CI/CD Flow -Robert Reeves
Top Questions Asked in the Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community.
- Recommendation for managing databasechangelog table for implementing multi-schema database
- Insight on best practices on where the databasechangelog is best locate
- How to check if table or view or index already exists for teradata database
- Understanding how to put a condition before the table for a Terdata database
Top Forum Supporters of the Month
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.